Since 2005, Midwest Vacuums has been owned and operated by Sarah DeGondea. In the beginning, the business started out as a central vacuum only business which was named “Plugged In”. Since that point in time, we have acquired vacuum stores and grew the business to include upright & canister vacuums, cleaning essentials and then later changed the name to “Midwest Vacuums”. As recently as 2019 we acquired Erv’s vacuum in Olathe, KS along with their 20-year veteran Darren. Erv’s will remain dedicated to serving customers’ needs and will stock the same products as usual.
As talented as Sarah is, she couldn’t go it alone without the help from her tenured retail team!
- Jim is responsible for anything central vacuum related, along with inside sales & repairs
- Darren is the service & sales person in our Olathe location
- Steve is our master sewing machine technician
We want earn your business, but we also realize that there are many places to purchase vacuums today both locally and on-line. Sadly most of those same places don’t repair vacuums, nor do they carry the parts. This is why we stock over 100 different types of replacement belts and bags for vacuums. We also service the most popular bag-less vacuums that you see on TV.
When you are ready to buy, stop into one of our stores and let us show you the differences between good, better and best products. This is what we do 100% of the time!
We Offer Extended Warranty
FREE Annual Inspection
FREE Loaner Vacuum
Price Match Guarantee
To sell and offer the best cleaning products, so customers can benefit by having clean homes.
To become the principle retailer in the Kansas City market when it comes to anything clean.
What We Value at Midwest Vacuums
- People– Retain the best employees, that have the customer’s best interest in mind. Attract and market to the customers that can also appreciate the advice and dedication of loyal employees.
- Products– Order and stock the best products that will yield the best experience for owners and customers.
- Process– Integrate systems that help us facilitate positive outcomes for the customers and the owners.
John & Luann Flanders
“When we took our vacuum to Midwest Vacuums for service, we had no idea what to expect. Sarah was not only very knowledgeable, and personable, she was also very professional. We got straight answers, . . .”
– John & Luann Flanders
“Sarah, Just wanted to tell you how much I love my central vac. My vacuum time now is cut in half. I love how the hose will reach my entire house without out having . . .”
– Kristin Parvin